Friday, November 26, 2010

{hello world!}

My dear friend and other half of Buttons, Mel, gave birth to baby Halimah last month (how time flies, she's already 1 month old!). It feels like not long ago, we were still pranky JC students, now Mel's a mother.....so surreal and hard to believe!

The few days before Mel gave birth, I was on my toes as well 'cos I had to complete my gift for mommy and baby, and I didn't know how soon it was going to happen! Thank goodness, I was able to finish up on time for the delivery =)

The perfect 'mommy + baby' gift tray. It contains stuff mommy loves as well as stuff for baby's needs! Baby theme scrapbook materials for Mel and an adorable teddy blankie (and other baby essentials) for Halimah. I used a wooden tray instead of a basket, which I felt is too common. In order to prop up the items, I made steps with styrofoam and lined them with pink felt.

I wanted to be unique, instead of making a conventional card, I made little wooden 'lollipop' signposts and wrote my personal messages at the back.

New Mom!
New Baby!
The finished product! Adorable? I had so much fun during the process of making this hamper, despite the tight timeline. Hmm, maybe I perform better under stress?!?

Baby Halimah and her gift! How cute!


To Mel: "Congratulations on this beautiful beginning of a new chapter of your life!"

If you would like to have something like this made for your loved ones, whether it's for a new baby, or just a gift to cheer someone up, talk to us! Send us an email at buttons.ribbons.paperie@gmail.com, we will be able to personalize and customize to your requests =)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...